To download this video to your computer CLICK HERE and follow instructions.
STEVE TRASH - TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - RESOURCES + STUDY GUIDE + SPONSOR LETTER
STEVE TRASH - TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - SCHOOL BUS FUNDING FOR SHOW
Sometimes it's difficult to cover the cost of "bussing" kids to an educational program. Even if it's an awesome, world class eco-educational experience like the STEVE TRASH - TRASH AND RECYCLE SHOW, it can be difficult to come up with the cash for buses. Tah Dah! Steve Trash - Rockin' Eco Hero to the rescue! We've put our heads together and come up with a terrific solution to the bus $$$ problem.
1. Download this - 6MB - OFFICIAL STEVE TRASH SPONSOR LETTER. The letter is an appeal for local hometown businesses to "fund" the student busses to a once in a lifetime eco-educational experience. If they sponsor the buses, everyone in the equation wins!
Here's how it works. The local "hometown hero" gets the public love and appreciation for making it possible for kids to attend. You get the cost of buses covered. I get to perform the worlds most amazingly cool eco-show in your town!
2. Research local businesses (waste haulers/recycling/composting companies) or community organizations (Keep America Beautiful Affiliates) that want to show their genuine interest and support for kids in your community.
3. Share the OFFICIAL STEVE TRASH SPONSOR LETTER with them. Let them know that the show has been sponsored by companies and "not for profit" organizations for years and years. Some examples include: Waste Management, CocaCola, Keep Sugarland Beautiful, BlueStem Waste Management and many many more. Being an OFFICIAL STEVE TRASH SPONSOR is something they can be proud of and the kids will never forget their wonderful, magical, green experience!
4. Let the venue and Steve Trash know you've got a sponsor and we'll make sure they get recognition from the stage and on the web (Facebook/Twitter/WebSite/Press Releases).
5. Enjoy the show! Be happy.
STEVE TRASH - TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - RESOURCES + STUDY GUIDE + GREEN LINKS
STEVE TRASH - TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - OBJECTIVES
- Understand that all the Earthís resources are valuable and should be used wisely.
- Encourage kids to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle the Earthís resources. Show kids HOW they can use these resources wisely.
DURING THE - TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - STUDENTS WILL LEARN
- The Earth's natural resources are limited and therefore, valuable.
- Specific ways kids can Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- What the "WATER CYCLE" is and how it works.
- What things can be recycled.
- How to "CLOSE THE LOOP" of recycling.
- What the "WEB OF LIFE" is.
TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
Please review these concepts and vocabulary words with your students. They cover ideas that are directly and indirectly addressed in the STEVE TRASH - TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW.
- All living creatures must consume resources to live. What natural resources do students use in their everyday lives?
- Of all the planets in our solar system, which planet(s) can support carbon-based lifeforms?
- Why would Steve Trash CHOOSE to do magic tricks with trash? Is he poor? Is he rich? Does he love natural resources so much he wants to share this love in a magic show?
- How does our recycling echo the way our environment recycles water, dirt, and air?
- What are some of the differences between science and magic? How does magic APPEAR to violate natural laws?
- Why is the recycle symbol one continuous loop? What systems in nature are closed/continuous loops as well?
TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - VOCABULARY
Earth - the only planet in our solar system that supports life.
Environment - where a plant or animal lives and all the things that affect it there.
Garbage or Trash - a natural resource youíve decided is not valuable anymore. A natural resource, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in the wrong amount.
Resources - the things that the Earth provides for us that we can use.
Rockiní Eco Hero - a person that works everyday to make the world a better place to live. (example: Steve Trash and kids like you!)
Recycle - to take a resource thatís been used, remanufacture it, and use it again.
Reuse - to use an item more than once.
Reduce - to decrease the amount of waste or energy used.
Water Cycle - the natural movement of water through the biosphere from the atmosphere to surface of the Earth and back again.
TRASH & RECYCLE SHOW - VIDEO RESOURCES FROM STEVE TRASH
TRASH & RECYCLE EXPLANATION VIDEO - This is a terrific explanation of how recycling works. It covers why we should recycle, and what things are recyclable. Itís 4 minutes long. Itís both educational and entertaining. I shot it over 15 years ago. My beard is MUCH more grey now, but the content is still the same. YOU TUBE VIMEO
ECO-ED CHANNEL - Here youíll find my magical explanations of THE WATER CYCLE, the value of REDUCING, REUSING, RECYCLING, and even how everything is connected in the WEB OF LIFE using amazing ďhow did he do thatĒ magic tricks. YOU TUBE VIMEO
DOWNLOAD the Trash & Recycle Show - STUDY GUIDE PDF
Download this letter as a PDF & use it in your school or share it with schools you'd like to come see Steve Trash perform LIVE at your Performing Arts Center.
A Letter To Prospective Sponsors
Download this letter as a PDF & distribute to potential sponsors. It's approximately 1.5mb and may take a moment to download.